ISO 9001:2008 aims to provide a practical and workable Quality Management System for improving and monitoring all areas of your business.
Achieving the standard is not about establishing a set of procedures that are complicated and difficult to manage. With the right support and the knowledge of your employees, you will end up with a system that will improve all areas of your organisation.
Implementing an effective and robust Quality Management System (QMS) will help you to focus on the important areas of your business and improve efficiency. The management processes that are established throughout your business will provide a sound foundation, leading to increased productivity and profit. This in turn will improve your customer acquisition and retention.
Some of the main benefits include:
- Suitable for both small and large organisations
- Better internal management
- Less wastage
- Increase in efficiency, productivity and profit
- Improved customer retention and acquisition
- Consistent outcomes, measured and monitored
- Globally recognised standard
- Compatible with other ISO standards
- Accreditation by UKAS
A valid ISO 9001:2008 certificate will be a prerequisite for some of your customers and a nice to have for others, when they are considering suppliers. It gives your customers confidence that you are working to standards and procedures that will provide them with a high standard of customer service.
Benefits of ISO 9001 to your customers
The ISO 9001:2008 standard is recognised worldwide and your customers will understand the benefits of working with companies that are ISO 9001:2008 certified. In fact, some of your customers will only do business with certified companies because it gives them assurance that you management systems are constantly assessed and approved.
They will know from experience that working with ISO 9001:2008 certified companies provides many advantages:
- Minimises mistakes
- Improves reporting and communications
- Better quality products and service
- More reliable production scheduling and delivery
- Standards maintained by annual assessments